Communications Dir./Exec. Dir. of Foundation
District Administrative Assistant
The mission of the New London-Spicer Community Schools; committed to excellence throughout the district, to develop high achieving individuals who desire to excel, learn, set goals, attain critical and creative thinking skills, and are productive citizens who are respectful of themselves and others.
This will be accomplished through:
- A highly skilled educational team dedicated to maximum achievement for every student
- A safe, nurturing and well-organized learning environment
- A board and administration that provides leadership and supports innovation and creativity that enhance student learning
- A wide range of learning opportunities that prepare students for the future.
New London-Spicer School
District Strategic Planning Board Priorities
(Updated August, 2014)
1) Improve student performance in all core areas with continued emphasis in mathematics.
2) Enhance communication with parents, students, and community to ensure learning success for all students with emphasis in utilizing current technology.
3) Provide students with appropriate, individualized opportunities to enhance college and career readiness, and life-long learning.
4) Ensure every student will have access to additional time and support for learning if he or she experiences difficulty. Students who are proficient will have access to enriched and extended learning opportunities.
Board of Education Commitments
As the Board of Education, we will use a collaborative process to support the District mission by our commitment to
- Celebrate student, employee, alumni, and community accomplishments;
- Foster positive relationships with all employees;
- Operate in a fiscally responsible manner;
- Use data to continuously review and evaluate the effectiveness of district programs;
- Remain proactive in the legislative process;
- Maintain intergovernmental relationships and networks;
- Encourage open communication while recognizing the need for confidentiality; and
- Participate in professional development and annual Board reflection.